[Shoes: Puma; Jeans: Banana Republic; Cardigan: ?; Shirt: F21; Jewelry: Gift; Hat: ? Bag: “Robin” by MICHE]
I know eating sushi and thrift shopping are the cool trendy things to do. But I don’t like doing either. I can take eating about one California roll and I think to myself mmmmokay not bad but more then one is a no no. Icky. Icky. Ick.
But this post isn’t about how I am not one of those cool trendy people that doesn’t eat sushi. It’s about thrifting and why it’s not for me.
For one, I don’t like shopping. Surprised? Don’t get me wrong I love new clothes just as much as the next girl I just don’t like to shop. The only time I go shopping is when I am looking for something particular and I will usually take a day off of work to go shopping in the middle of a weekday when there are no crowds. Nothing worse then hitting up a F21 on a Saturday. NEVER DO THAT. REPEAT: NEVER DO THAT.
Oh and I despise places like TJ Maxx. Despise them. I am not a hunter, oh no, not even close. I don’t care what kind of awesome deal I can find. Nope, not going to do it. I am not one to spend hours going through racks full of random clothing. Nooooo way. That is not my idea of a good time. I like to be in and out or spend my time in the dressing room trying on stuff rather then looking for stuff.
So to make a long story short: To me going to a thrift store is like going to a TJ Maxx only smellier and personally for a bunch of used stuff I don’t think the prices are all that. “Vintage” yeeeaaaah, no thanks.
And that is why it’s just not for me.
And if you don’t like eating sushi and/or thrifting as well- don’t feel bad that your not one of those cool people because really I don’t think half of those people like doing it either. Just sayin.
3 comments:
I love your outfit! That newsboy cap is so cute! That is one of my favorite types of hats to wear. I used to feel that way about Sushi, but over time it has grown on me. Have you tried some of the ones that are cooked? I guess technically that wouldn;t be sushi, huh? LOL! Thrifting....I love it now, but back in the day when my mother used to drag me to thrift stores with her I hated it.
http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/
this is adorable! I want to wear it tomorrow:)
Have you ever tried sushi with a soya wrap instead of seaweed? I eat sushi about once a month because I know salmon is healthy for you and with a soya wrapper and wasabi it's GREAT!
About TJ Maxx and thirifty I totally feel you. I can NEVER find "vintage" stuff anyway. It's always American Eagle, Polo, Ambercrombie etc... and that is just plain used.
p.s. You look awesome in that hat!
Cheers,
Bre
Post a Comment