Thursday, May 19, 2011

BDIB: Prep School


[boots: Aldo; jeans & button down: F21; shirt: ? I dunno it’s really old; tie: husbands; bag: MICHE]

Can I just say I love these Bloggers Do It Better challenges.  This assignment was prep school and a requirement was you had to wear a tie or bow tie. And can I just say husbands tie has been bringing in the compliments. The reason I love these challenges is that it makes me think out the box and put together something I might not normally do and like with today’s challenge I  put together a look I really love and I think it kind of suits me. Husbands tie collection better watch out.

It’s not too late for you to put together you own look for this challenge. Link up isn’t until tomorrow. You can read all the details of this assignment here.

17 comments:

keren said...

Way to keep the look feminine with the boots and purse!

Kasey said...

very cute!! love the layered tops!

www.stylemekasey.com

M.J said...

Love the tie! Super cute!

I do love these challenges too because, like you said, it does force us to think outside of the box!

Kimberlee said...

Love the challenges too! You look super fierce with that bag ;)

Kayla @ Home Coming said...

I love your take on the Prep School look! And your blog is so great. I'm following you.
http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/

FASHION TALES said...

I love your bag and umbrella with this too!Cute. -xxoo

ladyofashion of FASHION TALES

Bre said...

You do look pretty smokn' in that tie. I love that bag too.
Cheers,
Bre

Sophie in the Sticks said...

such a fab look. the skinny jeans and boots go so well. your huge bag is great!

Frannie Pantz said...

I agree! This was a great challenge. You pulled it off beautifully.

Still Blonde after all these YEARS said...

Not that you don't look fantastic in Menswear..you do. But you'd look fantastic in anything with those legs girl!

I’d love it if you would stop by and see how a 45+ year old handles “Prep School”—you might find something to smile about anyway! See you there! http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2011/05/menswear-american-prep-outfits-modeled-by-women-over-45-bloggers-do-it-better/

We have $75 Dress GIveaway on our right hand sidebar. Win something for yourself

The Chief Blonde

Michelle said...

I love the colors, the tie is fantastic, and those are beautiful boots! Very well done!

Meagan said...

I love the boxy bag you paired with this. It works great!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

Fitness By Alicia said...

Great look! Love your boots!

Shasie said...

Love this look! You rocked this challenged! The boots are amazing

Shasie
Live Life in Style

cheryl denise said...

love your use of the umbrella as an accessory!

cheryl
a peek of chic

Cait said...

Great outfit, love the bag :) the look does suit you and I agree that these challenges help put together items I wouldn't normally wear together.

Unknown said...

I really dig this. I like how you layed the tshirt-it's very laid back and appears to be super comfortable.

http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com