Monday, February 27, 2012

Special Monday

On this Special Monday we are going old school.  Literally- like back to the 4th grade. 

One lazy day after school while kicking back and partaking in my daily after school ritual of watching Full House I went into the kitchen to prepare a snack.  After opening the cupboards, pantry, and fridge a dozen times looking for something to snack on I finally was able to scrounge up some peanut butter and celery.

Like most kids should- don't know if they actually do, but I did- loved to eat celery with peanut butter. Well I guess back then it was probably more peanut butter then celery.

However, after closer inspection I thought my celery looked a bit different then I remembered it being, this celery was a lot more skinnier and flimsy, but hey what did I know? I only ever ate peanut butter drenched celery sticks once a year on Thanksgiving.

So here I am carefully trying to spread my peanut butter on my "celery".  After what seemed like forever I finally finished preparing my snack and I felt pretty pleased with myself.

Off I head back to my spot in front of the TV with my after school snack and large glass of milk in tow. . .

Then the unthinkable happened.  I bite into my specially crafted snack and froze.

THIS IS NOT CELERY!!!

So yep, long story short, I made myself peanut butter covered scallions aka green onions.

Not the ideal snack for a 10 year old.

No comments: