Monday, June 25, 2012

Special Monday: The Inflight Flight

(lost in the "Land of Ulibarri")

On our overnight flight to Madrid from New York we were fed a questionable meal. You know typical airline food. The highlight of the meal was this pre-packaged brownie that looked edible enough. Who am I I kidding, if it's chocolate I'll eat it, no questions asked, doesn't matter what it looks like. 

Husband is passed out next to me, I can never sleep on flights. Trying to be quite and not disturb sleeping husband I muster up some strength to open up the tricky packaging on my brownie. But I underestimate my strength and as I rip open the cellophane my brownie flings across the plane.

To put this in some perspective, I drew you a picture; see exhibit A.

exhibit A
As you can see, my brownie got some distance. So what does one do, when your brownie flies across a plane? You sulk, because you were really looking forward to eating that darn brownie. 

But not is all lost... I feel a tap on my shoulder and the guy sitting behind me in the next aisle hands me his brownie and with a smile he says, "that just made my flight" embarrassed, I nod and say thank you and shamefully take his brownie, but this time I am much more careful opening it.

Shame has never tasted so good.

2 comments:

Bre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bre said...

I'm sitting in Frankfurt getting ready to bored my plane to LA and I am seriously laughing out loud!!!!
You just made my flight too:-)