Monday, July 2, 2012

Special Monday: No fancy subtitle this week.

Segovia, Spain

My sister thinks these pants are special, as does my husband. And not in a good-special-way. But this post is not about these pants.

It's about using the self-timer on your camera. When husband and I reached the top of our hike in San Sebastian we wanted to take a photo of us together with the background behind us and the photos where you both try to squeeze in the shot holding the camera at an arms length away was just not cutting it. With no tripod in hand I put my creative skills to work and created a make-shift tripod, set the self-timer on the camera, and ran my little behind back to my spot next to the husband, with a smile plastered to my face, we wait. And wait some more, and through my plastered-on smile I try to murmur why isn't the camera going off? If you have ever tried to speak while smiling, it's very difficult.

I get up and go back to the camera to see what's up and I notice that the camera is in video mode. It had been taking video of us just sitting there posing for a picture the whole time.

I'm not going to post the awkward video of us sitting there and me trying to talk while smiling- but I am sure your imaginations are better then the reality.

Happy Monday!

No comments: