Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fall into Fashion with Polka Dots



Shoes: Aldo, Dress: Ruche; Bag: Miche

Special Monday is taking a back seat today since I wanted participate in Erin's Fall into Fashion link-up over at Living in Yellow.  

According to all the fashion gossip out there polka dots are apparently the must-have fall trend this year. Lucky for me I had this little number hiding in the back of my closet. I've only worn it once in the time I have had it.  I love the silhouette of this shirt dress but I think this color is hard for me to wear, it clashes with my skin tone but i bought it so I am going to wear it damnit. 

Again like in my last fall into fashion post, I like this outfit for fall because it's a good transition piece while the weather is still in the 90's. 

Because I feel kinda drab in these colors I added in a pop of red lipstick- which makes me completely self-conscious every time I wear a color lip but I guess that's what is fun about fashion- taking risks and trying new things!

Happy Monday everyone!


8 comments:

Bre said...

Glad you added the lipstick. It's nice a pop!
Cute dress, cute shoes, cute bag, and LOVE the photos. You killed girl.
p.s. I love you for saying I looked like Eva Mendes in some of photos. Seriously consider yourself hugged, tightly!

Unknown said...

Hey, cute blog and cute outfit! I am your newest follower!!

Diana
www.picturesand1000words.blogspot.com

Betsy said...

I love the red lip! Looks great!

Betsy
peony&gray.com

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

you. are. gorgeous. i love this entire look, and i'm obsessed with the dress!
p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.com

Rhe Christine said...

I was coming over to originally check out the sunday social but this outfit stopped me in my tracks! LOL! I want it!!!!!!!

However, I'm off to check out the sunday social and I'm super glad to be a new follower...you and your blog are freaking adorable!

Ruth Alvarez said...

the dress is stunning.
I want it.

newest follower.

www.roothless-xo.blogspot.ca

Mariel Torres said...

you look absolutely stunning lady! that dress is seriously gorg... let's trade closets, yes?

Sophie @TheForge said...

that dress is super cute on you! i just got a sweater that is the same color and has polka dots as well. polka dots and stripes are my obsession ;)

love the layout of your blog by the way!

xx
sophie

http://theforgestyle.blogspot.com