![]() |
| Dress: H&M; Shoes: Deb; Bag: Miche (Eve Shell) |
The handbag company that I work for is a little different, we are a home party business- like Stella and Dot. Oh and have I mentioned that all of our bags are interchangeable? We have Representatives that host parties and make money off of the bags they sell. A home party business is so different from retail. In some ways bad different but in some ways really good. One of those really good things is that this industry is really built on relationships and that is a really cool thing.
Back in February at one of our conferences I got to meet one of our Representatives, Eve. Eve wanted a bag named after her- all of our bags are named after someone- and they all for the most part have pretty cool stories behind them. I told Eve that with her name being Eve we could probably name one of our Holiday bags after her- she didn't really like this idea and I couldn't really blame her. Her style is definitely not a bag with snowflakes all over it- not that there is anything wrong with that.
Some time passed and when it came to naming our fall line, the bag pictured above, immediately brought to mind Eve. She has this beautiful thick black curly hair that reminded me of the weaved center pattern.
Fast forward to our conference in July, we debut our fall line. Eve, the awesome Representative that she is is in attendance and she loves her bag! Which makes me sooo happy. It's kind of scary when you name a bag after someone- you worry if they will like it or not.
Not too long after our July conference I got this email from Eve:
Hello, I hope this email fines you well! I want to say THANK YOU for personally pulling for me to get the beautiful new Demi shell to be named Eve! I feel so honored and excited! I wanted to do something special with this shell as a way to say “thank you”. So I have decided to take my commission on all Eve Shells and donate to a charity. I have chosen a foundation that helps family’s adopt. Adoption is so near and dear to my heart as I am adopted. I recently have met some incredible women that have shared their stories of adoption which have touch my heart in ways words cannot describe! Something as simple as a designer handbag can bring so much more than I could have ever imagined. Meeting incredible women and hearing their stories is such a blessing!
Seriously, how cool is she? This is just one example of why I love not only my job but the company I work for so much. I am constantly surrounded by inspiring and motivating people. We are so much more then a fashion handbag company and I am very proud of that.
So if you'd like to help Eve out and get yourself the ever so fashionable Eve Shell you can do so here... and if you live in the Indianapolis area and want to host a party make sure to hit Eve up!
Sorry to sling my companies product at you all- but this time it's for a good cause. Hope you don't mind.


2 comments:
That is a sweet story.
Such an amazing story. I'd like to think that's what I would do if I had a handbag named after me.
Post a Comment