Well a few weeks back I was out shopping with my mom and we just happened to stroll into an Anthropologie. While we were just looking around for fun I stumbled onto a pair of really comfy looking 70’s inspired trouser jeans that I just had to try on- for fun.
Try them. Love them. Peek at price tag….
Say what?!?!? Tag reads $58!?!? No way! NO WAY! Really? My lucky day! Off to the register….
Chit-chatting away with my mom- don’t see/hear pay attention to the total. Swipe card. On my way I go feeling pretty dang proud of my first ever Anthropologie purchase. Yay! Go me!
Ha ha ha… get ready to laugh at silly ol’ me.
Riding shotgun home from our shopping adventures as I am looking over my receipt… I want to die… like I am seriously about to jump out of a moving car…
I don’t spend money easily….
The receipt for my jeans read $188!!! – you can imagine my confusion aka freak out. As I am trying to make sense of all this I realize that it was the belt on the jeans was what was $58!!! A belt for $58 are you freaking kidding me? I thought the belt came with the jeans… again silly me… the price of the jeans was tucked away in a pocket…
Should’ve known better. It all goes back to, “if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.”
Long story short- I returned the jeans- just couldn’t stomach it.
That was a few weeks ago… I still think about those jeans. Especially since I am not feeling inspired by anything I currently own in my wardrobe.
I even went to antropologie.com to buy them back but they were gone. Very sad.
This post was going to be titled “The Jeans that Got Away”, and as I was scouring the internet for a picture of these notorious jeans… with no such luck. I realized I still had the receipt from the initial purchase that listed what the jeans were called… I typed it in and this is what came up…
My jeans!!! On sale for $29.95!!!! But just to be safe I gathered others around just to make sure what I was seeing was indeed for real. I wasn’t going to be made a fool twice. They all agreed- these were in fact $29.95.
I don’t think I have ever pulled out my credit card so fast.
Don’t you love happy endings?
xoxo,
1 comment:
That is a sad, funny story with a happy ending. Those pants are super cute too. Glad to hear you your jeans dream came true, lol.
Cheers,
Bre
Post a Comment