Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sunday Social: The 90's



Not going to lie, I was super excited- almost giddy about this weeks Sunday Social topic.  I love any chance to reminisce. I had the bomb childhood, saying "the bomb" or "da" bomb to be more accurate was cool back in my day.

So without further ado- let's jump in our hot tub time machines and go back in time. 

1. What were you like in middle school/HS? (in pictures)
What was I like in JHS and HS... I loved school and got really good grades. I was always very focused and determined when it came to my school work. By 8th grade I already knew what college I wanted to go to and started planning my escape to Los Angeles. I worked a lot in high school- pretty much spent my high school years working at the mall which I loved- and where I eventually met my husband.  I was always the girl that had my one very best friend that was like a sister, we were pretty much attached to the hip, we had other friends but really it was always just about us. I worked hard in school and I played even harder outside of school. I thought I was older then my years and felt like I was "above" high school kids, I didnt really hang out with many kids from school most of my friends were older, and I wouldn't have been caught dead dating a high schooler. Needless to say I didnt engage in the traditional high school experiences and I only ever went to one high school dance.  I loved to party and have a good time, I lived my life like a 23 year old from 8th grade all the way through high school. I was a responsible kid that worked and maintained a 4.0 average so my parents kind of let me do whatever I wanted and I did. 



2. What were your favorite past times?
Going to concerts and crowd surfing. Clubbing- lots and lots of clubbing, I started clubbing at the tender age of 14. I loved to dance. I loved to drink. I loved to go camping.  I loved being anywhere where there were big crowds and the party scene.





3. What songs/bands were you obsess with?
Sublime and Spice Girls. What can I say I have an eclectic taste in music.



4.  What fashion statement do you look back on and cringe?
All of this. All of it. Mom what were you thinking letting me leave the house like this. Gahhhh. Where was the hoochie patrol when you needed it. (I could make these pictures bigger but I refuse to)


belly chain and pager
Could have been cute but what was I thinking with the
flowers in the hair?
Again with the belly chain and pager-
and whatever those pom pom things are.
I hope I have boys.
Can't believe I am posting these.
No, I didn't work on a street corner.
To my moms credit- even if she tried to not let me out of the house like that- I would have just done it anyways behind her back. 

5. Who was your celeb crush?


Jonathon Taylor Thomas
My wall was wallpapered with this guy.
Ryan Phillippe
Seth Green
Don't judge me. I like funny guys.
6. What were your favorite tv shows and movies?
Movies: Scream, Can't Hardly Wait, Fight Club, Spice World, Critters, American History X, Dazed and Confused, Clueless, Jay and Silent Bob, Now and Then, Wild Things, The Craft, Studio 54 and Romeo and Juliet.
TV: Jenny Jones, Party of Five, The Torkelsons, My So Called Life, Laguna Beach, MadTV, Tales from the Crypt, Ren & Stimpy, The Real World, Daria, Ghostwriter, 7th Heaven, Home Improvement, Saved by the Bell, and Beverly Hills 90201.

8 comments:

Bre said...

Oh the things I could say! Hahaha. Yeah, I can't believe our parents lets us out dressed the way we were. I also hope you and I have boys, lol. We don't need payback.
I still love Sublime and even though I know Mr. Phillippe is a jerk, I still find him to be HOT!
Have a great Sunday sweets!

Queen Treasure said...

wow ur past is interesting :s
jessillesilv.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Glad I was not the only one that loved showing everyone my stomach! I also wrote in my post I do not want a girl like the one I was!

Savannah said...

I was so in love with JTT too. I mean, he played the voice of SIMBA in the Lion King. How could we not be?!

Ashley said...

haha

looooove seth green! I still love him today.

omg jenny jones!!! I still watch saved by the bell lol

ashley
ashleyspain.net

Alyssa said...

"No I didn't work the street corner." Hahahaha! Hilarious!

Brook said...

Belly chain and pager! That's so funny! Love it. Glad you posted those. New follower from SS.

Rhe Christine said...

oh the belly chains....man! and the pager. I remember those..sending coded messages. love it!